Hey this is my Bosch fridge of just over 5 years old. DO you notice anything different about it compared to others. That's right....it has no handles.
We've owned this fridge for less than 6 years and we are now on our 6th handle. THe last one was pulled off by our 5 year old. In fact we've been without handles for almost a year. Because it is off warranty we are now paying for the replacement handles (over 100$). It is obvious that it is a manufacture default but Bosch states it's "normal wear and tear" haha. I've had fridges for more than 15 years and never lost one handle let alone 6. It's really a joke when you think about how the handle attaches to a post on the door by putting in a little screw through the plastic *** that wraps around the post.
It cracks in the same place every single time. We are now going through a freezer that is on and off with freezing food. Maybe our expectations are too high for a $2900 fridge, it's the 21st century, we shouldn't expect things to last forever, nor should they last for 10 years....too much wear and tear.
I phoned Bosch, they told me to send in the pics and then I waited for a week with no response until I emailed them asking what has transpired with my claim and they were immediate to tell me then that they wouldn't do anything about it because it was normal wear and tear. They couldn't get back to me within 8 days but certainly had an answer within a few hours when I emailed.
Here is my suggestion to anyone who is looking to purchase a Bosch Fridge.
1) CHECK THE CRAPPY HANDLES FIRST
2) DO NOT ALLOW ANYONE OVER THE AGE OF 5 TO OPEN THE DOORS
3) OPEN THE DOORS ONLY ONCE A DAY, THAT WILL GET YOU AN EXTRA 5 YEARS ON THE HANDLES
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Bosch B20Cs50Sns Side-By-Side Refrigerator
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "The first new wave oven I had worked great for over four years. Bought the two deal special late 2013. Gave one to my mom for Christmas. Kept the other..."
- "We purchased a Bosch refrigerator, within the first year the water line inside the refrigerator froze and flooded our condiminium. The damage was over $10,000. We had to..."
- "My Latest Experience with Sony Corporation of America Event # E58894537 Service Notification: 301547845 Order # 36065586 1. I own Sony’s Flagship SACD Player, the SCD-1, cost: $5,000.00. It should be mentioned, this player..."
- "In 2013 I purchased a Lazyboy bonded leather recliner chair with a platinum warranty. Within 3 years, the covering of the chair began to peel. Upon checking with the Lazyboy..."
- "Pictures paint a 1000 words. Let the pictures I have of the light blue dress I ordered compare with what they showed on the website:http://www.bridesire.com/aline-scoop-neck-tealength-chiffon-mother-of-the-bride-dress-p-1642.html it is the Scoop neck tea..."
- "I am very disappointed! The material they used is very cheap! Size is kids size. Poorly done and very cheap fabric. The color is even very different from what the..."
- "Am i the only one complaining about fake leads. And other contractors putting up job requests to make contractors waste credits. And some are customers puting up job requests just..."
- "We own a 2013 Honda CR-V it has performed very well until recently. The car was sitting in a parking lot . A crook came along side of the car..."
- "Paid for a full $75 grooming appointment for my dog, stated in her progress report that everything was done, ears, trim, etc. such a joke, because it wasn't. My goldens..."