Hey this is my Bosch fridge of just over 5 years old. DO you notice anything different about it compared to others. That's right....it has no handles.
We've owned this fridge for less than 6 years and we are now on our 6th handle. THe last one was pulled off by our 5 year old. In fact we've been without handles for almost a year. Because it is off warranty we are now paying for the replacement handles (over 100$). It is obvious that it is a manufacture default but Bosch states it's "normal wear and tear" haha. I've had fridges for more than 15 years and never lost one handle let alone 6. It's really a joke when you think about how the handle attaches to a post on the door by putting in a little screw through the plastic *** that wraps around the post.
It cracks in the same place every single time. We are now going through a freezer that is on and off with freezing food. Maybe our expectations are too high for a $2900 fridge, it's the 21st century, we shouldn't expect things to last forever, nor should they last for 10 years....too much wear and tear.
I phoned Bosch, they told me to send in the pics and then I waited for a week with no response until I emailed them asking what has transpired with my claim and they were immediate to tell me then that they wouldn't do anything about it because it was normal wear and tear. They couldn't get back to me within 8 days but certainly had an answer within a few hours when I emailed.
Here is my suggestion to anyone who is looking to purchase a Bosch Fridge.
1) CHECK THE CRAPPY HANDLES FIRST
2) DO NOT ALLOW ANYONE OVER THE AGE OF 5 TO OPEN THE DOORS
3) OPEN THE DOORS ONLY ONCE A DAY, THAT WILL GET YOU AN EXTRA 5 YEARS ON THE HANDLES
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Bosch B20Cs50Sns Side-By-Side Refrigerator
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Bosch Automotive USA has the worst possible customer service. I installed one of there water pumps in my Chevy work van and within two days the pump valve fell..."
- "Please read reviews prior to ordering from this company, I wish I had. Ordered a 48” Broan Range Hood $1,100.00. Arrived in box that look undamaged (same as..."
- "I got lured in to buying a tv here because of the price..i think we all do. Nowhere did it say they were re-sellers of refurbished product. I bought..."
- "I woke up this morning to find my truck like this the manager from Rent A Wheel decided to come by my house late at night and remove the valve..."
- "I purchased a small canvas emergency pouch last November it was intended to hold personal items, medication, a torch and batteries things for an emergency. When it did not appear..."
- "Fema lies to people and scam people i have been dealing with fema since august everytime i talk to fema its a new excuse of what they need everytime i..."
- "I bought a Kenmore Elite Electric Dryer Model 592-89474. It was delivered in September 2015 and installed after our renovation was completed in November, 2015. In October 2016,..."
- "If I could put a zero star I would . I had an apt with Jason which he was late. When he was with us he was abrupt and..."
- " Drive through lunch order of a full size salad, realized when I got to work (30 min away) the salad was small size. Tweeted (with photo) to Wendy's who responded..."