Hey this is my Bosch fridge of just over 5 years old. DO you notice anything different about it compared to others. That's right....it has no handles.
We've owned this fridge for less than 6 years and we are now on our 6th handle. THe last one was pulled off by our 5 year old. In fact we've been without handles for almost a year. Because it is off warranty we are now paying for the replacement handles (over 100$). It is obvious that it is a manufacture default but Bosch states it's "normal wear and tear" haha. I've had fridges for more than 15 years and never lost one handle let alone 6. It's really a joke when you think about how the handle attaches to a post on the door by putting in a little screw through the plastic *** that wraps around the post.
It cracks in the same place every single time. We are now going through a freezer that is on and off with freezing food. Maybe our expectations are too high for a $2900 fridge, it's the 21st century, we shouldn't expect things to last forever, nor should they last for 10 years....too much wear and tear.
I phoned Bosch, they told me to send in the pics and then I waited for a week with no response until I emailed them asking what has transpired with my claim and they were immediate to tell me then that they wouldn't do anything about it because it was normal wear and tear. They couldn't get back to me within 8 days but certainly had an answer within a few hours when I emailed.
Here is my suggestion to anyone who is looking to purchase a Bosch Fridge.
1) CHECK THE CRAPPY HANDLES FIRST
2) DO NOT ALLOW ANYONE OVER THE AGE OF 5 TO OPEN THE DOORS
3) OPEN THE DOORS ONLY ONCE A DAY, THAT WILL GET YOU AN EXTRA 5 YEARS ON THE HANDLES
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Bosch B20Cs50Sns Side-By-Side Refrigerator
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Hi I bought the car from Saxton and I have been ask if I want dvd headrest entertainment unit as is on offer normally is £2000 but we doing it..."
- "I got lured in to buying a tv here because of the price..i think we all do. Nowhere did it say they were re-sellers of refurbished product. I bought..."
- "BOSCH dishwasher on fire at midnight last week. It filled the house with toxic smoke. The dog woke us up. I had to shut water off and remove the dishwasher..."
- "In 2013 I purchased a Lazyboy bonded leather recliner chair with a platinum warranty. Within 3 years, the covering of the chair began to peel. Upon checking with the Lazyboy..."
- "They cancel orders without reason. They do NOT answers and communications: Phone, email. Their 24.7 Chat Line does NOT work. Communication is so important for consumers when buying tech. having someone to assist with..."
- "Pictures paint a 1000 words. Let the pictures I have of the light blue dress I ordered compare with what they showed on the website:http://www.bridesire.com/aline-scoop-neck-tealength-chiffon-mother-of-the-bride-dress-p-1642.html it is the Scoop neck tea..."
- "I have been a long time consumer of Newegg off on on for years, and have recently cheered them on the fight against Patent trolls. But recently I ordered..."
- "The bottom line - Nest makes fantastic, state-of-the-art, reliable products. I own 2 of the thermostats and just installed 5 outdoor nest cams at $200 / cam. The problem is..."
- "Wow, this site is breaking all the rules that exist to protect our privacy. 2 listings were available for my name, as I have lived in two different townships. One..."