3.8K views

Previously owned a Bosch Dishwasher and loved it. So I went for a Bosch again.

I bought Bosch Integra 300 Series Dishwasher. It's stainless steel inside and out.

In my 45years of marriage I have never had a dishwasher that didn't do a good job on the dishes. The Bosch does a good job too. But for $1,000.00 beginning to end price I would think they could have put a door on it that doesn't need constant attention. And the smell is horrible. Had it now since Christmas and it still stinks. Could have gotten clean dishes for $400.00.

Product or Service Mentioned: Bosch Dishwasher.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Feb 08, 2011.

Comments

Bought a Bosch two years ago and it STINKS!!!! Can only wonder why Bosch doesn't offer a solution to this problem as it seems to be common to everyone who buys one of their dishwashers! Will NEVER buy Bosch again!

I can't wait to get rid of my bosch dishwasher. everything smells like fish

Same here, we have a Bosch and it reeks like dead body or rotten eggs. It’s so disgusting.

Will never buy a Bosch again.

So glad to read you'all. I just bought a BOESCH dishwasher and smell horribly. I going back to the store ASAP

We had same problem with GE. Replaced anode rod in water heater and took care of problem.

I have one of these stinky bosh dish washers also very disappointed never buy another. had 2 other brands never had this problem. unhappy in tn

Same smell with Hotpoint/Ariston. This is a general problem with diswashers that manutacturers close their eyes

Have had Bosch dish washer for five years. High end model.

A few years ago started noticing a slight rotten egg smell, (sulfur). Could never pin point source. For the last year it has been strong. Can smell it on dishes and flat-ware.

Sometimes it is terrible, often it is mild. Sometimes does not smell. Also, this dishwasher has never gotten dishes super clean if they have any food residue on them. Had five year warranty.

Even specialist they sent out said it was not the dishwasher itself. Tried that magic cleaning stuff and apple cider vinegar and so on. Nothing has worked long-term.

Now I spray the whole unit with bleach and water solution before I load it and that seems to help.I am so frustrated. I checked Consumer Reports before buying this.

Sahuarita, Arizona, United States #900264

My Bosch dishwasher was bought in 2005. I have used it provably 4 tmessince I bought it.

All of a sudden it smells like a dead rat. Purchased the pods that clean ran both through a cycle. It stills smells.

I ground up spne oldspices inmy garbage ddisposal I think the stuff went into the dishwasher line.

Never put spices down the drain.Smells horrible.

Tried baking soda and a gallon if vinigar still no help.

Hello can anyone have a suggestion? Thanks.

Louisiana, United States #874820

Bought a Bosch during sale at first of 2014, it stinks, literally. $800.00 for a dishwasher and now this. never ever buy a BOSCH!

Shame, i was looking at getting a Bosch DW, thank god i saw these reviews and on other sites, guess ill save myself the trouble

#819140

Same here. Absolutely despise my brand new Bosch dishwasher which has smelled horribly since day 1.

Tried everything.

I will never buy a Bosch again - horrific fishy odor on dishes with brand new disposal, cleaned machin, right soap, etc.

Very disappointing. I too have smelly high-priced Bosch.

Maybe it is the stainless as someone suggested . I am very sensitive to smells and this is driving me nuts.

The kitchen was redone so it's all new sink, garbage disposal, pipes, hoses. Have tried baking soda and currently trying vinegar.

Wish I had seen this website before I bought my Bosch dishwasher. It smells awful.

My last dishwasher was an RCA and it lasted 16 years. Never leaked, never smelled, never had an issue. This dishwasher smells like two week old garbage. It is rancid.

I paid $1000 plus another $300 for the front panel. This was the worst appliance decision I ever made. I can't believe Bosch gets good ratings.

It doesn't clean the dishes any better than a $400 dishwasher and it smells horrible. If your thinking about it - DON'T BUY BOSCH!!!

char_chorn
Lubbock, Texas, United States #664873

I wish I would have seen this before I bought my dishwasher because it too stinks. This is inexcusable.

So far I have found a solution that works for me....prop the door open in between running the dishes. The air circulation actually helps keep the odor from building up in the machine.

I don't know if it is good for it, but I can't tolerate the odor not only in the dishwasher but in my kitchen. Wish I could get my money back!

margnia
New York, New York, United States #601294

I PUT TWO BOSCHE DISHWASHER $1200 EACH IN MY KITCHEN WITH MY RENOVATION, THEY BOTH SMELL LIKE ROTTEN EGGS AND BACTERIA AND THE RACKS NEVER STAY IN PLACE, THE DOOR NEEDS CONSTANT ATTENTION AND BOSHE IS ZERO ON CUSTOMER SERVICE. THEY STINK-THIS IS A HIGH END FRAUD, MY $400 DISHWASHER WAS 10 TIMES BETTER

I think it's the stainless steel door with the inside being stainless steel too because we bought a Samsung and it smells too. We never had that problem with our white on white dishwasher and our friend has a stainless steel door, but the inside of her dishwasher is white and she doesn't have any smell.

I just bought my Bosch in July 2012 and the smell is horrible, like a wet dog. Tech guy smelled it and I made him write it down.

This was after I had my Hot Water tank flushed and a brand NEW disposal installed. No where else in the house does it smell...just the DW.

I am having Lowes take it back and getting a new brand. I can't take this and I'm tired of people who don't know of this smell saying "Clean the trap" LOL.

to mark Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada #964360

My Bosch was purchased in December 2014. Same story.

It smells awful.

The recommended dishwasher cleaners help mask it temporarily but the smell is still there. I am very unhappy and plan to call Bosch customer service again.

#519877

Mine smells disgusting even with no dishes in it... It is such a bad odor- like a dead body...I just tried raising the drain hose 20" like it says in the installation instructions as that was not done... hopefully that will make a huge difference.