Sutton, Massachusetts

AE125, by Bosch, I bought one of these things hoping it would not only lower my electric bill, it had a 10 year warranty and gained me some floor space.

After about one year, the unit quit working, turns out they don't work with well water, unless the water is softened, as mineral build up in the unit will clog the heat exchangers. And, mixing valves were clogged repeatedly by the minerals being transported through the hot water lines.

No warning of this in installation manual, not one word, and my water really isn't hard at all, just more calcium than is usual. Also, if anything, my power bill went up. My lights in the house would actually dim when the unit kicked on, it took so many amps to operate.

This thing cost me 600$ and 600$ more for service calls that never rectified the situation.

No help, or Customer concern from Bosch, repeated e-mails, calls, pretty much a 'caveat emptor' situation. Thank you Bosch....Never again...

Had an Experience with Bosch?

Comments

Frigidaire - Just 1year and 1 Month old, Cheap Door Handle Broke at Top Near Screw Frigidaire "I walked over to open the Frigidaire refrigerator that our landlord purchased, somewhere around June of 216, and the handle broke off in my hand. It broke right in the..." Read more Nuwave Oven - Cracked NuWave Nuwave Oven "I called to see if I can get a replacement because my NuWave has cracked in two places and they said it was out of warranty however they would sell..." Read more Samsung Electronics - Poor Quality Warranty Repair; Bad Customer Service Samsung Electronics "Refrigerator never made crushed ice – only whole cubes with the sides slightly shaved. Was that this was normal and not to worry about it, things would clear up on..." Read more Bosch - Poorest Dish Washer I Ever Owned Bosch "The Bosch is the poorest design and poorest performing dish washer encountered in my 67 years. The Bosch (SHE43F16UC/56) does not qualifying as a "dish washer" but a "dish rinser"..." Read more Glam Seamless - Day 3 and still nothing Glam Seamless "First of all, I purchased my extensions monday. I went with this company because I was searching for a new brand of extensions. I saw their ig and thought I'd..." Read more Lowes - Kitchen remodel  & design Lowes " Almost 3 months ago this hellacious process started. The tear out and install should have taken a month at most. I have drawers that hit the handles of opposing..." Read more Western Dental - Cut my outer lip inside and out Western Dental " I was at my dentist getting braces removed, when doctor started sawing off cement residue from teeth he complained to dental assistant how his saw thing was not tightening..." Read more Little Caesars - Nasty/ unprofessional Little Caesars "I just wanted to say that Sarah heckman Dean needs to be fired. She talks to her employees any type of way. She cusses at them and calls them names...." Read more