Sutton, Massachusetts

AE125, by Bosch, I bought one of these things hoping it would not only lower my electric bill, it had a 10 year warranty and gained me some floor space.

After about one year, the unit quit working, turns out they don't work with well water, unless the water is softened, as mineral build up in the unit will clog the heat exchangers. And, mixing valves were clogged repeatedly by the minerals being transported through the hot water lines.

No warning of this in installation manual, not one word, and my water really isn't hard at all, just more calcium than is usual. Also, if anything, my power bill went up. My lights in the house would actually dim when the unit kicked on, it took so many amps to operate.

This thing cost me 600$ and 600$ more for service calls that never rectified the situation.

No help, or Customer concern from Bosch, repeated e-mails, calls, pretty much a 'caveat emptor' situation. Thank you Bosch....Never again...

Had an Experience with Bosch?

Comments

Samsung Electronics - Samsung 78 curved TV 4KUHD Samsung Electronics "I purchased A 78 inch Samsung TV on 4/1/2017 from HHGregg. HHGregg stated that all sales were final but Samsung offered a one year warranty. This TV was a floor..." Read more Bosch Dishwasher Fire Bosch "BOSCH dishwasher on fire at midnight last week. It filled the house with toxic smoke. The dog woke us up. I had to shut water off and remove the dishwasher..." Read more Bosch - Poorest Dish Washer I Ever Owned Bosch "The Bosch is the poorest design and poorest performing dish washer encountered in my 67 years. The Bosch (SHE43F16UC/56) does not qualifying as a "dish washer" but a "dish rinser"..." Read more Ge Appliances - GE Monagram Refer bad parts WR55X10490 Ge Appliances "Copy of E-mail I sent GE:I spent thousands of $$$ on putting all monogram appliances into my re-modeled home, purchased from Spencer’s in Phoenix AZ.The Refrigerator (ZISS480DRISS) broke…of course following..." Read more Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen - Horrible service Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen "I was refused food and service because I requested food close-by closing time..." Read more Tbdress - Don't Buy from TB Dress!! Tbdress "I made the terrible mistake of purchasing two dresses for my daughter's wedding from TB Dress. When they arrived one had a broken zipper, the other did not fit correctly..." Read more PetArmor - DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY PetArmor "I made the exact same mistake that other people do. I used pet armour instead of Frontline like an idiot because I wanted to save thirty bucks. It doesn't work..." Read more Sears - NIGHTMARE Wedding Ring Set!! Sears "I have been having issues with a diamond wedding ring set I purchased 2 years ago and Sears has yet to rectify the situation. I initially purchased the set along..." Read more